Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Governors - Who Are They?
Head Teacher: Mrs. Emma Wilkinson (ex-officio) (01/09/2020 -)
All Foundation Governors are appointed by the Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education in consultation with the Parochial Church Council of the Parish of Farley with Pitton.
Mrs Felicity Mansfield (30/11/2010 - 26/11/2022)
Mrs Judith Lewy (30/3/19 - 29/3/2023)
Mr Mark Ackrill (3/2/2020 - 2/2/2024)
Mrs Rebecca Maddox (20/5/2021 - 19/5/2025)
Miss Suze Pearce (10/9/20 - 9/9/2024)
Mr Richard Cawthorne (1/4/19 - 31/3/2023)
Ms Vanessa Hall (7/10/2020 - 6/10/2024)
Chair of Full Governing Body
Mrs Judith Lewy (19/9/2019 - 18/9/2021)
Clerk to Governors:
Mrs Vicky Tomlinson (01/01/2021 - 31/12/2024)
None of our school governors hold governance roles in other educational institutions.
What Are Their Roles?
The Governors of the school act rather like a board of Directors. The main aim of the Governing Body is to maintain and improve the school's quality of education and standards of achievement. They have overall responsibility for the management of the school which includes:
- Ensuring that Government education policy is implemented
- Encouraging high standards of achievement and acceptable social conduct
- Interviewing and selecting staff
- Deciding how the school budget is spent
- School Governors have legal duties, powers and responsibilities
- Providing a strategic view for the school
- Monitoring and evaluating the school's effectivness and performance
- Promoting the interests of the school and its children
A register of any business and pecuniary interests is available from the school office - all currently non-applicable.
School Governors are Comprised Of:
- The Head Teacher and staff at the school
- Foundation Governors - appointed by Salisbury Diocese
- Co-Opted Governors - appointed by the governing body for particular skills
- Associate members to serve on committees and who may attend full governing body meetings but may not vote
The Governors welcome the opportunity to meet parents and attend many events including parent forums and coffee mornings. They may also be contacted by e-mailing the clerk at email@example.com
Clerk to the Governors
The clerk files records of attendance and a register of business and pecuniary interests with Local Governing Committee meeting minutes in the school office. These are available to read at any time, no relevant interests are currently declared on the register.
Attendance Record at Governing Body and Committee Meetings 2021-2022 Academic Year
|Governors||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4||Term 5||Term 6|
* - Mark Ackrill is currently on sabbatical and therefore is not attending LGC meetings
A - Attended