Applicants are invited to view Pitton CE Primary School by appointment and should contact the school office on email@example.com or by calling 01722 712322
Teaching Assistant and MDSA
We are looking to appoint a new member of our team to perform the roles of both Teaching Assistant and Midday Supervisory Assistant at Pitton Primary School.
As a Teaching Assistant you must be committed and flexible, be able to support groups and individual children with their learning. Being able to work as part of a team is essential as well as being able to use your own initiative. The successful candidates will need excellent communication and liaison skills and will be closely supported by a class teacher and wider team.
Duties will include:
- Supporting pupils learning, either in groups or through 1:1 work. The exact tasks will depend on the learning support needs of the pupil/s
- Supporting pupils self-esteem, inclusion and behavioural development
- Provide physical/personal care to pupils where required
- Supporting the Teacher/s
- Supporting the curriculum - Support the delivery of the English and Mathematics curriculum along with other aspects of both the National Curriculum and the enhanced curriculum offered by the school.
- Support the school e.g. assisting with setting up, storing and retrieving and general maintenance of classroom equipment and teaching aids.
As an MDSA you will be a person who can build up happy and caring relationships with children and supervise them at lunchtime (training will be given).
We are keen to hear from individuals who are patient, calm, organised and adaptable. Being able to work as part of a team is essential, as well as being able to use your own initiative. A positive outlook and a sense of humour is essential.
Duties will include the supervision of pupils, either in the lunch hall or other areas in the school, whilst they are eating lunch or taking part in lunchtime activities. Associated duties will include clearing and cleaning of dining hall and equipment including light manual handling.
The jobholder must demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This will involve undertaking annual Safeguard training and using school reporting systems for any Safeguard concerns.
- TA: D6, £20,043 pro rata (actual salary £8379 per annum)
- MDSA: B2, £18,516 pro rata (actual salary £836 per annum)
Hours of work:
- TA: 18.5 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 9.00am-12.15pm and Wednesday 9.00am-12.15pm and 1.00pm-3.15pm (12.15pm-1.00pm – unpaid break), 38 weeks per year (term time only, excluding TD days).
- MDSA: 2 hours per week, Tuesday and Friday 12.00noon-1.00pm, 38 weeks per year (term time only, excluding TD days).
Contract type: Fixed term Required to start: 3rd January 2023
End date: 31st December 2023
Find out more and apply
Interested candidates are required to complete and return an application form by 12.00noon on Tuesday 1st November 2022.
Interviews will be conducted on Tuesday 15th November 2022
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.