Travel & Transport
Driving To & From School
- We strongly encourage an informal one-way system at drop-off and collection time, to keep congestion in the roads around the school to a minimum. Please drive along the High Street, up Black Lane and along Above Hedges to exit opposite the school.
- Please park either in Above Hedges, or on the road above or below the school. Please do not park too close to the bridge as the road narrows there.
- Please observe the yellow zig-zag lines and for everyone’s safety, please also avoid parking right on the junction opposite or adjacent to the entrance. Vehicles parked in these places severely restrict visibility at the school entrance and we have had some near misses.
- Please refrain from turning in the road or at the junctions as these actions increase the likelihood of an accident. Please also refrain for turning in the driveways of our neighbours.
- Please do not leave any valuables in your car whilst in the school.
- Please do not park in the school car park, unless you have been given permission from the Head Teacher or in the winter when collecting after 4.30pm from ASAP.
Car Travel & Booster Seats
We rely on our parents to help transport children to and from many events by car during the school year. The law states that:
¨ All children up to 125cm in height must travel in a high-backed car seat.
¨ Children between 125cm and 135cm must use a booster cushion.
¨ Children over 135cm can travel without additional seats.
It is the responsibility of the parent to provide the seat. Seats can be brought into school on the morning of the event and placed in the library for use. Please make sure the seat is named
If you are unsure how tall your child is, please come into the porch and measure them against our line. The class teacher may also check your child’s height if they feel it necessary.
Parents who are willing to drive on trips and events for us need to complete a 'Consent to Drive on School Business' form and return it to the office along with the required documents.
Drop & Go
Occasionally we may recommend a 'Drop & Go' system to relieve congestion or in case of bad weather. In this case, parents are requested to pull alongside the pavement and drop their child off on White Way. A member of staff will be available to collect your child and walk them safely into school.
During 'Drop & Go' parents are not expected to park up and leave their cars, but are asked to clear the area around school as quickly as possible.
Cycling to and from school
Children cycling to and from school should be supervised by parents or should have passed the Bikeability test, which children in Year 6 have the opportunity to take. Please let us know if your child will be cycling to school.
All children using a bike must wear an appropriate helmet.
The school does not take any responsibility for bicycles on site. There are no bike racks.